Sunday, August 28, 2011

Kids Say...Ice Plant!



My Ate told me once...write them down! She was talking about stories about my kids. So here goes the first one I remember. Kids say...


We were cruising along the North Bay Area (Manila Pier). Ariel asks me, "Where do we take a right turn?". "By the ice plant", I replied. Immediately, two excited voices were asking by the back seat, "Ice plant? How does an ice plant look like, Mommy?"


"You'll see when we get there," I answered casually.



After a few minutes, we turn by the ice plant. "There's the ice plant," I told Zel (4 years old) and Kel (2 years old).


"Where? Where? Where's the ice plant, Mommy?" Both of them were talking at the same time, excited. And I would point at the big gray building and say " There it is, there it is, can't you see? It's so big..."


"Where? Where?"


Well, apparently, the kids were looking for a "plant", the one with a trunk, branches, leaves...and made of ice.


Children will take our word for what it is...it is our role to define what we mean.




"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord. The fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3 (KJV)













No comments:

Post a Comment